New Building Work & Repairs
We have had major repairs done to the west wall of the church. It has been re-rendered and painted. Some of the roofs of the church have been repaired and a French drain has been laid all around the outside of the building. This has largely cured the damp problem.
When the render was taken off the walls, an old blocked up doorway was discovered near the back of the West wall. Unfortunately this has been covered up again, but if you look carefully on the outside of the wall you can still see the remains of the old doorway.
However, we have now discovered that the bell is no longer safe to ring and so I aim to get it rehung.
We were going to move the two ancient monuments, that are situated in the vestry along the east wall, but due to the amount of time it needed to get planning we decided to do this at a later date.
We have also put in a kitchen and a disabled toilet. As the church does not have a church hall it was felt that this was doubly needed.